Every Thursday this summer has meant Pie Night for Matt and I. It started when our friend Chris Rogers was going to MetroLive at our church every Thursday and was right in our area. Through converstation, we all discovered we all wanted to go to House of Pies and planned to meet up on Thursday after the service. Chris is a good friend from A&M and is moving to New York in October for a job. We decided it would be a great tradition to start pie night so we could see him more before he left. And it is a routine we have kept every (well almost every) week this summer. House of Pies is the perfect atmosphere for conversation, coffe, and yes PIE!! I've had chocolate cream, pecan, bayou goo (a house specialty), and dutch apple. Mmmmmm. We probably need to change this into work out wednesday or something but it's been fun! I feel like I always learn something every week from Chris; whether that is something he challenges me to think or how to love people or how to take time and pursue relationships. We have spent so many hours talking, eating, laughing, freezing, and joking with our waitresses. We will really miss him and our pie nights when he leaves!
So I would encourage you to start a tradition to spend some quality time with a friend! Really it's good for the soul to have fellowship and spend intentional time with the people that you have been blessed with. It doesn't have to include pie because let's face it, not even Matt and I can continue eating pie every week!!
the original house of pies where we have spent every thursday
Here the man Chris himself with MY man Matthew :)
No comments:
Post a Comment