So I just had to share this little something to let you learn more about the man I get to live with everyday. You could say I was not having the best day today, just getting frustrated, being attacked, and feeling robbed of my joy. I texted Matt to ask him to pray for me and here is the response I get back: "It's probably just a dementor, eat some choclate... love you." In case you missed it, we are both Harry Potter fanatics so this was a great response :) (and of course I knew he would pray!) Dementors are the bad guys in Harry Potter and when you come into contact with them, they take away all your joy and the only way to fix the bad feeling is to eat some chocolate! It definitely made me laugh and got my mind off everything. God sure can use those little things! I notice that when I have some good time with the Lord or really spend time praying, that is when I get attacked. I think Satan fights really hard to keep us from experiencing God, which is why we have to fight that much harder. This is completely impossible with our own strength and why we have to rely on prayer and God's words to fight for us. "The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have DIVINE power to demolish strongholds (things that can rob your joy)... and we take captive every thought and make it obedient to Christ" 2 Corinthians 10:4-5. So when I feel attacked, I will look to God's devine power and the saving work of Christ, taking every thought captive and thinking instead of the truth in God's word. And of course eat a piece of chocolate :)
HAHAHAHA! oh matt, what a perfect match for you!
ReplyDelete